About This Program
The Guide will help your organization communicate in a way that considers the cultural, health literacy, and language needs of your patients.
Please note that the Guide does not offer continuing education credits nor a certificate of completion.
- Health care providers (or those providing direct care and services)
- Health care administrators
- Health care executives
The Guide offers two "tracks": one tailored for health care administrators and the other for health care providers (or those providing direct care and services).
The health care administrator track covers:
- Conducting organizational self-assessments
- Planning effective communication and language assistance services
- Implementing effective communication and language assistance services
- Evaluating communication and language assistance services
The health care provider track covers:
- Cross-cultural communication skills
- Verbal communication strategies
- Written communication strategies
- Notice of communication and language assistance services
National CLAS Standards
This e-learning program is grounded in the HHS Office of Minority Health's National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) in Health and Health Care.
The program is intended to support the delivery of culturally and linguistically competent services and the implementation of the National CLAS Standards.