What Information May be Collected?
Personal Information about Users
OMH collects certain Personal Information from registered users who wish to use or register for educational activities offered through this Web site. This information includes, but may not be limited to:
- First and last name;
- Home or office mailing address;
- Email address;
- Telephone and fax numbers;
- Profession, principal field, and work setting;
- Certain practice characteristics;
- Educational background;
- Participation in programs and results.
Information Concerning Continuing Education Courses
OMH collects information concerning your participation in on-line education activities offered through this Web site, including what pages you review and your performance in these on-line activities.
OMH's Use of Your Personal Information
OMH authorized staff uses the information gathered on-line for internal purposes only, for calling to your attention OMH programs that may be of interest to you, or for the purpose of seeking your feedback on the site or activities. OMH will not sell, lease or otherwise give such information to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- As necessary to report your continuing education fulfillment;
- When we have your consent to share the information;
- When we need to share your information to provide any product or service you have requested;
- If we are required to do so by subpoena, court order or other legal process;
- If we discover that you have violated the site's Terms and Conditions of Use or any of our usage guidelines located anywhere on this Web site;
- OMH may share your information with service providers, agents, or publishers who help provide or maintain this site or any successor site designated by OMH;
- As OMH continues to develop, OMH might sell or buy the assets of similar organizations. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that OMH, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, such information may be one of those transferred assets, and we reserve the right to buy or sell such assets.
Access to Your Personal Information
If you would like to review and/or update your Personal Information, you may email OMH at email@example.com.
If you do not wish to receive any notices or other materials from OMH or this Web site in the future, you may opt-out by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OMH recognizes that your privacy is important to you, and therefore we employ standard technical security measures that endeavor to protect information gathered on-line from outside threats. However, OMH does not represent, warrant or guarantee that your Personal Information will be protected against unauthorized access, loss, misuse or alterations and do not accept any liability for Personal Information submitted to it nor for your or third parties' use or misuse of Personal Information.
Although curricula Web sites are password-protected, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User ID and Password, and for all activities that occur under your User ID and Password. OMH is in no way liable for any claims related to the use or misuse of this Password due to your failure to maintain its confidentiality and security.
The Think Cultural Health websites were created in accordance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-18, Rev.1, Guide for Developing Security Plans for Federal Information Systems. It utilizes the controls articulated in NIST SP 800-53, Rev. 3, Recommended Security Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organization and uses SSLs (secure socket layers), firewalls and encryption methods for data protection.
OMH may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.